Research is for ...
The whole point of research is to obtain information that is not available from elsewhere so that the business may prosper:
- to make sure that the marketing activities are as effective as they could be
- to understand the brand position and the competitive environment to decide how best to compete
- to make key business development decisions for profit improvement and to improve capital productivity
- to provide inputs to business models and for sensitivity testing
- to establish the key drivers of change to develop anticipatory actions
- to evaluate the market position of acquisition targets and contribute to the due diligence process
Thus, research has become an essential, integrated part of the business planning process defining the current issues, the business impact and helping you determine what best to do.